Pulled mushroom burger [vegan]

” We all need to make time for a burger once in a while.” – Erica Durance With this in my mind, I love to create new burger variations...



” We all need to make time for a burger once in a while.” – Erica Durance

With this in my mind, I love to create new burger variations every now and then. BBQ season just started in Germany and with this, I found a delicious new barbecue sauce. Since then I’m a little obsessed with creating new recipes which include this sauce. That’s exactly how I came up with this month’s recipe. Normally I prefer easy and quick recipes but even if this recipe only contains a few ingredients, it’s definitely not a quick fix recipe. It’s more of a relaxed Sunday burger. However, trust me, it needs its’ time but it’s absolutely worth the wait. So, let’s get right into it!     

Today's piece of happiness:




All you need: (6 burgers)
 
Pulled Mushroom:
7-10 big king oyster mushrooms
5 tbsp. BBQ sauce

Coleslaw:
¼ cabbage (shredded)
2 big carrots (peeled and shredded)
3 tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp. mustard
1 tsp. maple syrup
Salt and pepper to taste (but you need quite a bit of salt, as the cabbage will soak it in! You may want to add some more salt in the process)  
+ 6 warm burger buns (I used pretzel buns and I highly recommend you use them as well as they are the perfect buns for this recipe)



1. Step:

Place the mushrooms on a baking tray on a baking sheet. Put them in the oven for 2 ½ hours at 90°C (grill). And try to stop your furry friends from eating them before that.


2. Step:
This coleslaw recipe is rather sour and less sweet and creamy. I just think it goes a lot better with the sweet BBQ sauce. But if you prefer the creamy and sweet coleslaw version, just don’t add the mustard, a little less vinegar and instead of this more mayo. In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage and carrots. In a smaller bowl, make the dressing by combining mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Toss the dressing into the cabbage mixture and let it chill in the fridge until you’re ready to serve the burgers. 


3. Step:
Now it’s time to make the pulled mushroom. Therefore, take the mushrooms out of the oven, take two forks and “pull” the mushroom apart like shown below. 




Until you have one big pile of pulled mushroom. 


4. Step:
Place the pulled mushroom in a frying pan, add the BBQ sauce and stir it until all mushroom parts are covered with sauce and hot.  



5. Step:
Final step! Take your warm burger buns and simply add the mushrooms and some coleslaw (you might want to adjust the seasoning of the coleslaw right before you put it on the buns as it tends to absorb all the added salt quickly). 


Here we go, I'm delighted to tell you: you have done it! Now go on and enjoy your self-made piece of happiness ♥  
I hope you liked this special burger.
Have a great May and I’m excited to see you next month with the first summer post of 2017! Until then:

Do not forget: Happiness can be delicious, so go on and spread some feliciousness 
Love, Miss Felicious XXX



You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. This recipe looks so simple but special at the same time. I have never thought of pulling mushrooms apart or even using a pretzel bun for some burgers. I guess I´ll have to try that.
    Oh and your cat looks so adorable with the mushrooms <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is really adorable and SOOO hungry 😂 She had avocado the other day. I'm not sure if she knows that she is a cat 😹I hardly ever eat my burgers with any other buns anymore. Pretzel buns just add something special to every burger! After you tried it, tell me if you liked it. ❤️

      Delete