September Favourites [vegan & delicious]

„And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and Autumn was awakened.” – Raquel Franco It’s the time of the...



„And the sun took a step back, the leaves lulled themselves to sleep and Autumn was awakened.” – Raquel Franco
It’s the time of the year again. My favourite season is finally back. The leaves look like fire, the nights are crispy cold and my blanket and I snuggle of the sofa while listening to the rain outside. It just can’t get any cosier! The cherry on top: with autumn comes October and with October comes my Birthday. So, I do like September and the shift from Summer to Autumn but it just isn’t October. That’s why I’m ready to let September go and what better way could there be than to finish it off by talking about a couple of things I loved in September. 
Today’s pieces of happiness:

1.  
Kala Namak Salt

I had heard sooo many stories about this salt and I was very sceptic. I never really loved eggs to start with, but I was simply very curious that there is a salt that supposedly tastes like eggs. I ordered it, I smelled it, it didn’t smell like anything, I tried it, it was the grossest thing ever and now it’s on my favourites list. On its own it’s very intense, to phrase it politely. However, sprinkled on a slice of bread with (vegan) mayo and tomatoes or in a eggy chickpea salad (http://miss-felicious.blogspot.de/2017/07/chickpea-tuna-style-salad-sandwich-vegan.html +Kala Namak), it’s rather nice. It’s probably one of the things you have to try, some will love it and some will hate it. I’m definitely on the love side!

2.    Coconut Chips by Davert

You know those foods you try and you really don’t like it at first but then you end up loving them? Well, is perfect love story was, what happened with the coconut crisps by Davert. I started with the salt and vinegar ones and they are really good. But the chili ones? They are just delicious! Are they healthy? No! Are they good for you? Well, for your body probably “No” but for your soul “Absolutely yes”. Are they a new stable of mine now? Yes, because they are the best crisps I had in a long time. But be warned, they don’t taste like crisps and the texture is also very different.
3.    Fresh almond milk

Almond milk is a staple in my fridge for a long time already. I usually buy the non-fresh option in the supermarket. However, a couple of weeks ago I saw the fresh version and bought it, thinking it wouldn’t actually taste that different. But it does! It’s delicious. I normally wouldn’t drink almond milk on its own, but the fresh almond milk (by Alpro) is great.   
4.   
Lupin Tempeh

As one of the lucky people who can’t eat soy, I don’t know if soy tempeh tastes good. But what I do know is that I personally love lupin tempeh. However, it doesn’t seem to be the most popular opinion. My omnivore family really isn’t too keen on it. There could be worst things, more for me! I really like the taste and texture. So, normally I only marinate it with soysauce+ smoked paprika+ pepper+ olive oil and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes or until it’s crispy. 


5.    Kombucha

September apparently was a good month for fermented food. After having heard of this trend for months, I finally tried it myself. I was a little intimidated, as a lot of people either hated it or loved it, saying that it has a very distinguished taste. Maybe I have the weirdest taste buds, but honestly, I couldn’t say that it has a special taste. Don’t get me wrong, I love the taste. However, to me, it just tastes like a not so sweet fizzy drink.   
That’s it! A couple of things I really loved this September. I can’t wait to try new things this October. However, I’ll move this week and I don’t know how stressful my new life will be. But I love food and I’ll try my best to try new things (and I’ll be back home for my birthday). I’d love to see you again for the next post. Until then:Until then:
Do not forget: Happiness can be delicious, so go on and spread some feliciousness 

Love, Miss Felicious XXX

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare