July Food Favourites [all vegan, all delicious]

„Everyone has a favourite cake, pastry, pudding or pie from when they were kids.“ – Paul Hollywood And if you’re a real foodie this ...



„Everyone has a favourite cake, pastry, pudding or pie from when they were kids.“ – Paul Hollywood

And if you’re a real foodie this list is even longer and switches up very regularly. Favourite videos are one of my favourite videos to watch on YouTube, especially if they include a decent amount of food items. However, they are often very beauty related, and don’t get me wrong I think beauty is a fascinating subject but well.. it’s just not food. So, I thought it would be a cool new series to start on the blog. As I switch up my diet quite regularly, I’m confident that I’ll be able to start most months with five new(ish) food favourites of mine. Those favourites will be a mix of actual products (e.g. a certain mock meat), a certain food I loved eating on its own (e.g. apples) and foods I loved cooking with (e.g. some kind of bean). Just in case you’re wondering, even if I mention one specific product by a brand, this post is not sponsored, it’s just something I bought in the stores and loved (and probably bought again and again). I hope you like this new kind of blog post and let’s get straight into the foods which I loved this month.

Today’s pieces of happiness: 
1. Porridge
Yes, I know it’s summer but I still had porridge nearly every single morning this past month. It’s simply perfect: you’ve got the warmth of the oats, the carbs, the protein and if you add frozen berries and peanut butter it’s even better! I always loved porridge. It started with “Haferschleim” in my early childhood and just grew exponentially when I moved to England. Since then it’s just one of my absolute favourite breakfasts and currently, I’m eating every morning with frozen berries. Try it! It’s really good! #notsponsoredbyoats  

2. Romaine Salad
Ok, I’ll confess something. I’ve never been a huge salad lover. I tolerated lettuce because my parents told me to eat it. Since cooking for myself I started to enjoy salad a lot more and it reached its peak when I discovered the opportunities which come with romaine salad. As much as I enjoyed eating it on its own with an avocado dressing (1/2 avocado +1/2 lemon + salt and pepper), using it as a low carb wrap it the best thing I’ve ever done! I was a bit sceptical at first but holy moly it’s sooo good! It works great with my chilli wraps (http://miss-felicious.blogspot.de/2017/06/low-carb-chilli-wraps-vegan.html) and also with this ¯ beauty (coming soon #sneakpeak).  

3. Chickpeas
By far my favourite protein source! Eating it in a salad or on a sandwich (http://miss-felicious.blogspot.de/2017/07/chickpea-tuna-style-salad-sandwich-vegan.html), baking them in the oven and eating them as a snack or in a wrap, putting them into curries, turning them into falafels or hummus, honestly, the sky is your limit with chickpeas. I basically spent my July eating chickpeas in every form imaginable (I even made cookies with chickpea water) and I’m still not sick of them. Even though I’ll admit, that I mainly eat them as part of my tuna-style chickpea salad.
4. Falafels by Garden Gourmet
I finished my bachelor thesis in the beginning of July, what caused me to not have a crazy amount of time to cook. As a result of this, I eat more mock-meat and this is when I fell in love with the falafels by Garden Gourmet. I had them before, but if you are like me and you work next to amazing Turkish shops where you can buy a ton of delicious freshly made falafels, you can’t really be bothered to buy more expensive ones in the supermarket. However, I spend less time in the office so I bought those falafels because I didn’t have a ton of alternatives. But this doesn’t explain the excessive amount of repurchases. I really like them and if you have the chance to buy them, definitely give them a try (even though the Dutch Garden Gourmet falafels tasted differently!). I personally think that they are the best store-bought falafels I had so far (especially in a pita!)
5. Really dark chocolate
My dark chocolate journey started a couple of years ago. I was never a huge milk chocolate lover. However, I still took me some time to reach this level of darkness (I’m talking about chocolate, not souls or humour!). But finally, after years of eating 70% cacao chocolate, I finally stepped my game up this month and started to actually enjoy 85% cacao chocolate. Now 70% chocolate is just too sweet for me and I’m very pleased with this because the darker chocolate is just soooo satisfying! Plus, the cheap supermarket dark chocolate is vegan (Aldi). The packing and portion size is so convenient and I just like the taste of the Aldi chocolate. Well, this were my five favourite food-picks for this month. If you liked this new type of blog post, let me know in the comments below and I would also really like to hear what you loved or what you are currently loving, let me know below! I as a matter of facts really enjoyed writing it and sharing the things I loved. Nevertheless, there will obviously be another recipe this month too (some say on August the 10th). Until then:
Do not forget: Happiness can be delicious, so go on and spread some feliciousness 


Love, Miss Felicious XXX

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare