Raspberry Meringue Cookies [vegan]

"Nothing says you’re sorry better than a cookie.” – Me after messing up my upload schedule I’m not gone lie. My life got a little c...


"Nothing says you’re sorry better than a cookie.” – Me after messing up my upload schedule

I’m not gone lie. My life got a little crazy throughout August. After I couldn’t function for half of the month, I took some time off and did a road trip through France. Just to come home to have my last exam and finish Uni a DAY later. Meanwhile, I quit my job (my first real job and it’s already over!), I started writing a book (what am I doing?!), I looked for a new job, I found a new job and now I’ll move in a couple of weeks. I still have so much to do, find a flat, settle all the things to actually be able to move, celebrate my graduation and getting my head around all those things! I can’t describe how excited I am about all the changes in my life but I’m still not realising what’s happening right now because LIFE IS MENTAL right now! Throughout the last month, my life changed so much and I sought this change and I want those changes, however, with change comes uncertainty and this is mind consuming. Normally I’ll go for a run and bake a nice cake in situations like this. I went for many runs and it was the best thing, however, I could bring myself to be in the kitchen for longer than necessary. Therefore I didn’t make a lot of exciting new things and had no motivation to post a new recipe. However, I’m not a quitter and so here I am with a new DELICIOUS cookie recipe, which hopefully was worth the wait. Let’s get started with today’s recipe!    
Today's piece of happiness:


All you need:
Cookies
200 gr. flour
100 gr. margarine or vegan butter
100 gr. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 ”Egg” (1 tbsp. chia seeds + 3 tbsp. water mixed and set aside for 5 minutes)
1 pinch salt
Raspberry compote
250 gr. frozen raspberries
1 tbsp. brown sugar
(you might have to add 1 tbsp. corn-starch if it’s very runny)
Meringue
80 ml. aquafaba (chickpea-water)
30 gr. icing sugar
some lemon (~ 1 tsp.)
some drops of vanilla extract

1. Step: Cookie time
Preheat the oven to fan 170 °C. Combine the margarine, the sugar and the salt and whisk until you have one creamy consistency. Add the chia-egg, mix again. 
Now add the flour and baking powder and combine properly. Put a baking sheet on a baking tray. Take a tablespoon of dough to make one cookie (equals about 12 cookies). Put the dough on the baking tray and flatten the cookies slightly, leaving small space between the cookies. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, take them out of the oven and let them cool down.   
2. Step: Raspberry time
Combine the raspberries and the sugar in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Simmer for 10-15 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once the raspberries fall apart and the sauce is thickened, remove from heat. If the compote is really runny add the corn-starch before removing the pan from the heat. Allow cooling for ~ 15 minutes before putting the compote on the cookies. The compote is not really sweet on its own but trust me, it will be sweet enough as part of the cookie.
  

3. Step: Meringue time 
If the cookies are covered with the compote and completely cooled down it’s time to make the meringue. Take a can of chickpeas, drain them and reserve the liquid (or at least the 80 ml. you’ll need for this recipe). Place the liquid in a large mixing bowl and whip using an electric mixer. The chickpea water should preferably be cold (take it out of the fridge right before using it), this way it’s slightly firmer. If you want, you can use about 1/4 tsp. of cream of tartar, which causes the aquafaba to whip up even faster and firmer. But it’s definitely not a must-do, I didn’t use it and it worked out really well. It generally takes 5 - 7 minutes to get it firm, so don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t look very firm in the beginning. Add vanilla extract and add the sugar gradually. Whisk again until you have one smooth, firm and shinny mixture. Now it's time for the final step: add the meringue to the cookies straight away. I piped it on the cookies, to make it look a little prettier. 
Bake the cookies for another 3-4 minutes (Grill: 180°C), until the meringue is slightly golden. If you feel particularly fancy, you can also use a torch to make the browning evener. Either way BE CAREFUL, if the meringue gets too hot it gets very soft and you’ll end up with liquid meringue (and yes, it’s as gross as it sounds).
Here we go, I'm delighted to tell you: you have done it! Now go on and enjoy your self-made piece of happiness ♥ 
Again, I’m sorry for not uploading like usually but my life is just beyond crazy right now and I’M MOVING! I haven’t moved in three years and I’ve never lived completely on my own. Exciting time head, that much I can tell you! Have a great rest September and I’m excited to see you for the next recipe. Until then, do not forget: Happiness can be delicious, so go on and spread some feliciousness 
Love, Miss Felicious XXX

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare