Papaya avocado wraps with cripsy chickpeas [vegan]

"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi This is so (!) true. Ok, I might be a litt...



"It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
This is so (!) true. Ok, I might be a little biased as I just spent a decent amount of August unwillingly tied to my couch. Yes, that’s why I haven’t uploaded earlier, I was just crashed and couldn’t function like a normal human being. Because I don’t get a cold, for me there are only two options: being healthy or +40°C fever and antibiotics. But this are the moments where you realise how unbelievably lucky you are to normally be healthy. After one week of not being able to eat properly (bananas, plain pasta and bread without anything isn’t proper food), I’m so ready to finally fuel myself with healthy not so starch foods. Btw that's also the reason why there won't be an August favourites post as I didn't really have the chance to explore or even enjoy new things. I couldn’t eat any veggies and I love my veggies so much, so first thing on my agenda was to eat greens. Because of this craving, I made romaine salad wraps and it was delicious! It’s summery, even if the German summer decided to leave us, it’s fresh, it’s crunchy, it’s fruity   
Long story cut short, let’s get started with today’s recipe!    

Today's piece of happiness: 



All you need: (4 people)
Chickpeas
800 gr. chickpeas
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. chili oil
3 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. paprika
Papaya-Avocado Salad
1 ½ avocados
1 papaya
1 lemon
3 tsp. salt (preferably smoked salt)
1 tsp. sriracha (optional)
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. pepper
Tahini sauce
½ lemon
3 tbsp. tahini
1 tbsp. soy sauce
Some chilli flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
For the wraps: ~5 romaine leaves per persons 


1. Step: Chickpea time
Drain the chickpeas in a strainer in the sink, rinse with water and then place them in a bowl. Add all the spices and mix well. Put it in the oven and let them bake for 20 minutes (200°C) until they are crispy.



2. Step: Salad time
Half the papaya, scoop out the seeds, peel the papaya and cut it into small pieces. Do the same with the avocados (take out the stone instead of the seeds). Put the avocado and the papaya in a bowl, add the spices and lemon juice and mix well. Set the salad aside until you’re ready to serve.



3. Step: Sauce time
Place all sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix them well. Put the sauce in the fridge until you’re ready to serve and give it another stir right before you serve the sauce. 



4. Step: Final touches
Wash your lettuce leaves. I always serve everything separately, so that everyone can make their own wraps as they desire. My “building” tip is: lettuce, salad, chickpeas and then drizzle everything with a little bit of sauce. Btw, it also tastes really good without the sauce, just in case you don’t like tahini. 



Here we go, I'm delighted to tell you: you have done it! Now go on and enjoy your self-made piece of happiness ♥ 
Have a great left-over summer and I’m excited to see you for the next recipe. 
Until then: Do not forget: Happiness can be delicious, so go on and spread some feliciousness 

Love, Miss Felicious XXX

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare